Wednesday, January 11, 2006

That Devil You Know?

Did you miss me?

It's been a busy January so far, not only at work, but at home as well. Part of the reason it's been so busy is because I've been avoiding the outside world like a hemorragic fever. I'm beyond fucking pissy about having an election in the first place, but I sure do wish that there was a Write-in portion, because I'm disgusted that the big 3 losers are my only options. Time to move to Sweden I think.

In other big news, I'm in the process of Applying to Simon Fraser University to get into the MA program for Political Science. I learned a few days ago that I can still get in to the school at least by applying to be a qualifying student, meaning I take senior-level Undergrad courses to improve my GPA, and in doing so, I can also become available for scholarships, which, let's face it, I really need in order to complete Grad School. Regardless of whether I get in or not, that is now the plan of action. Upgrade, and just keep trying. The snag I've run into in the process is that a couple of the professors I counted on to get references from have become unavailable to me. One is on sabbatical this year, and the other appears to have left the University of Alberta! So, I have to stretch a little to find 3 academic references, so wish me some serious luck.

So, by default, that means the move to Vancouver is a Go. And now I'm seriously scrambling to zero in on apartment rentals and jobs for Rod. I was thinking yesterday about my move from Yellowknife down here...man, so much simpler. I didn't have furniture. When I made the mover permanent, I had about 3 truckloads of stuff. I went to Ikea and bought cheap furniture. When I moved from campus into an apartment, things got a little dicer. Then into the house, dicier still. We've been in our current place for over 5 years now, so you can well imagine if you haven't seen our place just how much fucking stuff we have. I've been on a mission to replace most of the older "student" furnishings with more grown up furnishing, and in doing so, I've been careful to select pieces that were smaller then what has been replaced because, uh, damn...we have to get it all over a set of mountains.

So, that's where I've been. Preoccupied with my own life. This is no surprise to those who know me...I'm all about me :) Me and my insane Thinking habit, Rod and his gaming, the cats and their cuting...but really, after these confessions here, wouldn't you feel better knowing that things in the Poitras-Chudyk household are still status quo? At least for the time being? Ain't better to trust the Fancy you know than the Fancy you don't?

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

Well, things are looking up Reference-wise. One tenured professor has agreed, as has one sessional professor, and I did track down one of the profs gone MIA. I haven't heard anything back from another prof I asked, but Jeevan said he'd be happy to provide me with a reference, so I figure 3 profs + 1 former prez of MUN = 3 tenured Profs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home