Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome to the New Year

It's 2006! Hurray for the New Year.

There's always hope for the New Year. It's fresh, it's waiting, it's the promise of new memories. That's why I love it above all holidays. To me, it's the time to close the book on stuff best left in the past. It's a pessimistic point of view, I know that, but I always do everything I can to open the door in the most auspicious way, and carrying old baggage doesn't seem too auspicious to me.

We had a small gathering at our house. Jette and Ian, Lori and Rob, and for fun (and protection from games I don't like), I invited my co-worker Holly. Her dude was up in Whitehorse doing the family thing over the holidays, and I'm a firm believer that New Year's is not the time to spend alone at home working on the Hobo. We played a couple of games, we ate, drank, and were merry, and us girls pulled out a squeaker to beat the boys at Cranium, despite a rocky start. I sampled about a 1/3 of a glass of wine to ring in the new year, and I'm glad to say that I didn't die from the experience. Maybe by New Year's Eve 2006, I'll be up to tempting fate with a whole 1/2 glass!

Today was a super lazy day. Rod and Purrball both snored me out of bed around 10:00 this morning, and I knew that today was a pj's and couch day. We watched TV and did nothing, and I'm so much happier for it. My only complaint is that I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm not going to be a happy camper come 7 am. But I'll go because I need the money. Plans are afoot for some major changes this year. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home