Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Prezzies Day!

It's x-mas morning, the presents are opened, and I'm a happy little ducky. So's Rod.

It's been a very emotional holiday season around here. David did pass away last week, and it hit me hard. Back in August, as you may recall, there was serious concern that the lump on Daddy's neck was a malignant tumor caused by a form of Lymphoma. Sadly, at the same time, Gail and David were receiving the diagnosis that my dad was lucky to have escaped. I can't help but feel guilty that we were so lucky. I never actually met Gail or David, but they've been amusing online friends for more than a year, and I'm very saddened by David's passing.

It's also been a slow, difficult week at work. I tried to keep up a polite facade, but I found by Wednesday, I was a miserable bitch and I didn't care who knew it. I'm finding my job doesn't challenge me in a positive way. I've learned a lot about the organizational flow and the how and why of some decision making, but I'm not stimulated to be creative or critical because all I do is answer phones, open mail and plug in data. I'm still in the school mindset, so I'm left feeling like I'm not doing enough.

But there have been some good things about this season too. I didn't have to face some of the same tortures surrounding shopping this year. I had to do some for Karyne, and a couple of things for the parents, but this year, it was mainly just my shopping, and I got it done quickly and easily. Last night we did the xmas eve thing in Vegreville with Rod's family, and my parents were there this year. Rod and I made out like bandits this year, and I suppose it helps having a job this time around.

Rod Got:

-DVDs
-Books
-a Countertop Grill
-a Shiatsu chair massage pad
-uno cards
-a Sweater
-After Shave Lotion
-An iPod Nano
-lots of other little things

I got:
-A Detroit Red Wings jersey
-a Gold Y drop necklace
-the Something's Gotta Give Soundtrack
-lots of cash for Boxing Day shopping
-DVDs

And the day's not over yet! My parents are coming for brunch with a couple more presents, and there's some good movies playing at the theatres, so today's full, and tomorrow is Boxing Day, and I'll go to West Ed and try to score some good deals on clothes. Then it's on to my favourite holiday, New Year's. I've always loved the start of a New Year. There's always hope for new starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home