Wednesday, January 05, 2005

An update to pissing me off

Yes, Bob Layton opened his big, bogus, reprehensible trap and unleashed another barrage of small-minded stupidity over the unsuspecting viewers of the 6 pm Global Edmonton newscast. And NO ONE WAS AROUND FOR ME TO BITCH TO!

He starts by commenting that Paul Martin has said that in spite of his Roman Catholic background, he has voiced support for the Gay Marriage legislation. Bob then goes on to talk about the 15 or so marriage commissioners in Western Canada who have resigned over the Gay Marriage thing because they cannot condone gay marriage. THEN, Bob opens his trap and says that Paul Martin is finally showing POLITICAL leadership, and the Marriage Commissioners are showing MORAL leadership. Excuse me? Is it not also moral to protect minority rights from the tyranny of the majority? Is it not moral that in a country that STRONGLY advocates the separation of Church and State, the leader puts aside his personal religious considerations in order to ensure that constitutional rights are being upheld?

I'm flabbergasted that I am defending Paul Martin, because I am a Reform Liberal, and I can't stand his Classical Liberalism and pandering, but still, I have to give the man his due here.

Bob Layton. What an ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home