Monday, March 15, 2010

Change, change, change, change...

Do you ever put a song on repeat, and listen to it for hours, so the point that its every note is burned into your brain?

I do sometimes. And tonight, it's "L.E.S. Artists" by Santogold. The video is odd, but the lyrics...repeating "I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up, if I can stand up mean for the things that I believe" over and over...they speak to my current state of mind.



This isn't just about Rod, though I know he's a very large part of it. I'm just weeks away from leaping into the unknown. I've moving to a new city, where I will be alone, into a new job in a new subject area. I'm leaving school, Vancouver, my family and friends, everything that I've cultivated over the past 4 years. And it's scary as hell, but like Santogold says, "I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up, if I can stand up mean for the things that I believe." At this point, I have to believe that all these changes will be worthwhile. It's going to be a tough act to follow...good and wonderful things happened during the chapter I'm finishing...I have to hope good and wonderful things await me in this new chapter.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Craig T said...

New city? Where ya heading to? (I mighta missed that tidbit somewhere along the line)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

Oh, I'm going back to Ottawa for a year or so, while I apply to PhD programs around the world :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home