Saturday, February 27, 2010

That's MISS Wingman to you...

So, I've got this friend Jeevan...funny guy with a lot of habits and beliefs I can't help but marvel at, and Jeevan's got me sort of slotted into a role in his life. Now, he lives in another province, so we don't see each other much, but when we get together, the talk gets interesting. Jeevan realizes I see things that he and other people miss, and I have considerable expertise when it comes to women (ummm, because I am one) that he can benefit from without having to worry about sexual tension or any kind of awkwardness. To Jeevan, I'm not a target, I am...a Wingman.

Without ever having seen me in action, Jeevan knows that I'm not a woman to mess with, and during the NMUN trip to New York in 2005, Jeevan was sure that I could drop any of the guys on the trip, with the exception of Harold, who would put up a serious fight. In fact, Harold and I nearly reached that situation, and I don't remember what stopped it, but ever since then, Jeevan's been quite sure that, of all his friends, he would want me to have his back if he ever found himself in a bar fight.

I take it as a compliment of course...I think it's really funny that this guy thinks I'm Wingman material.

So last night, I'm at a surprise party for Sammy, and I'm talking to Andreas about girls, and he throws it out there that he'd want to me to be a Wingman for him...completely unaware of the situation with Jeevan. I don't think I ever expected that to come from anyone other than Jeevan!

But now I'm left wondering...does my decidedly non-girlie personality mean I'm always going to be Wingman instead of target? Is the only adjective applied to me by guys always going to be "Awesome"? Holy crap...have I become Captain Awesome, Wingman Extraordinaire? Daaaaamn! I never saw that coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home