Monday, February 22, 2010

Countdown...

In exactly two weeks, at this time, I will have finished the presentation and examination...otherwise known as the Defence of my Capstone thesis. And I'm dreading it terribly. The Examiner is a sharp lady who I can't finesse as easily as I do other people. She's a rather unknown element because she was away last year, and doesn't teach first year classes in any case.

But that's not the only event I'm counting down to. I've also got to sort out the job situation and deal with the move. There's really not that much time left until the end of school, and pretty much the end of my life as I've known it. I'm scared of these massive changes, with the separation and the move, but in true Poitras style, I'm going to stick out my chin and fake it til I make it! I've got to...being stupid and bold are both my best and worst qualities, depending on the situation at hand, and without them, there'd be no colourful Fancy to laugh at, cry for, and shake your head in pity/disbelief. Can't disappoint all those who know and tolerate/love me, now can I?

In other news, I'm adjusting to life alone. Rod is in Florida until March 4th on business, and I've been left here alone to deal with cats and messes. But I've been hiding in my apartment way too much, pretending (or possibly actually working on) to work on my thesis, which I've gone past the deadline on, so I'm both busy and yet acutely aware that I am alone. When I've got out, I've been mostly alone. So if this is the glimpse of my future in Ottawa, I'd better get cracking on meeting people who will keep me busy 5-6 nights a week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home