Friday, April 24, 2009

"I'm a Flibbertigibbit"

Flibbertigibbet refers to a flighty or whimsical person, usually a young female. It can also mean a gossipy or overly talkative person.

Guilty as charged.

This came to mind tonight after I read a friend's facebook status, where he proclaimed his annoyance at the use of the word "sammich," arguing that the adults using it aren't 5 anymore, it's "sandwich."

I whimsically retorted that I may not be 5 anymore, but I'm irresistably cute when I use the word "Sammich." Plus, a common battle cry around our house, "Get your own damn sammich!" would just sound dumb if it was "sandwich" instead of "sammich." This relates back to Rod shouting it as he shot water from a watergun at his cheeky friends for putting the moves on me. I said it first (though I have no idea anymore where it came from), and he took it to a whole new level.

So no, we're not 5 anymore; but I'm silly and whimsical, and in my world, cute wins out over adult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home