Saturday, January 10, 2009

Me, through the eyes of someone I've never met


This screen cap was taken from a social networking site I used to be active on, circa 2004 (?). It was written by a person I know of through a chat and message board on an entirely different site...the internet...what a delightful device. It allowed someone who has never shared physical proximity with me (or even the same continent) to make my acquaintance and develop an opinion of me, based only on some chat room conversations and message board posts. And the great part about this exercise is that I would agree with his assessment of me, with the exception of two things:
  1. the part about liking me...I fully admit to being difficult to like, for a variety of reasons. It's not that I go out of my way not to be liked, but rather that my eccentricities and flaws make me something of an acquired taste, and not everyone is interested in acquiring that taste; and
  2. the part about juggling...I have terrible hand-eye coordination actually...I cannot physically juggle.
It's funny how pieces of me are enough to sketch a fairly good likeness of me. My intricacies are obviously not included, but the framework is there to build on. I tells ya...I loves this interwebs thing!

2 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

I need to log in to see who that is, I'm all curious now!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

It's this Finnish guy from my Yahoo Chat and Groups days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home