Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh, okay, I see now...raining meets pouring

In case you were jonesing for an update to my madcap adventures in co-opia, I'll leave behind another update.

As of now, co-opia is buzzing with activities near and far. I did a phone interview for a position with INAC in Ottawa this morning; I got an interview with a First Nations' body in West Vancouver next week; I've applied on another INAC job in Ottawa; I'm waiting to hear about a potential interview here with the provincial government; I just got word of an opportunity in Calgary; AND I sent my passport and visa application away for Bangladesh.

So, to sum up:

Interviews done: 1
Interviews set: 1
Jobs applied, no interviews yet: 2
Jobs awaiting application: 1
Jobs in countries halfway around the world in a developing country: 1

I shall be opening the phone, text, facebook and email lines shortly for voting, because honestly, the pros and cons of any of these opportunities makes the choice really difficult.

Potential job locations:

Metro Vancouver: 2
National Capital Region: 2
Calgary: 1
Bangladesh: 1

We'll see which opportunities are whittled down over the course of the next two weeks; in the meantime, I need to learn how to say, "No, I don't like Fish" in French and Bangla. Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home