Friday, October 27, 2006

8 is Great! I like to Anniversiate!


Happy Eighth Anniversary Rodney!

Yes, that right folks! Today is the Eighth Anniversary of our very first, honest-to-goodness, completely legitimate date! :) My, my, I'm not sure what's more surprising...that we've last this long together, or that Rod's lived this long. *lol*

But truly, I've been grateful for each and every one of the days since that fateful Tuesday night on October 27, 1998, and even though we've run into a few uphill battles since then, I've never doubted for a moment that Rod and I belong together. Long before we started dating, and while I was still dating someone else long distance, people on Main Henday remarked about the "chemistry" or "electricity" between us, and it's true...I felt it there, and I know he felt it too, even if he couldn't exactly identify the feeling.

I love you Rodney

******

In other news...

I finished my assignment for the Seniors' care facility, and I was unemployed for a whole day! Then I took an assignment that has proven to be very interesting. I cannot get into any details really, other than to say I'm mostly doing transcribing work. I can't say where, what kind of place it is, nothing that would potentially undermine the Confidentiality of those involved. Sound mysterious? Well, it's not The X-files.

And finally, after my last post, Gail just had to inquire about the origins of my name, Fancy, and I told her I would answer her in my next post...

The truth is, I don't know. For about 1 or 2 days, I was Audrey Bawtinhimer (my mother's surname at the time, a leftover from her first marriage, back in the days before divorced women legally reverted back to their Maiden names). No kidding. Then, propelled by reasons still unknown to anyone except the culprit himself, my Daddy came to the hospital, and told my Mummy that they were naming me Fancy. My Mummy, caught off-guard, looked at dear old Daddy and questioned him about this. Daddy, ever the puzzle, calmly replied that they were naming me Fancy, or he was going to walk out of the hospital room. Thus, history was made.

To this day, we still have no idea where the name came from. No one except Daddy knows, and he ain't talking. Go figure :)

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

Audrey Bawtinhimer vs Fancy Poitras?

Uh, it's no contest on the name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home