Thursday, August 17, 2006

Slowly now, don't want to scare them...

Slowly, the webpage is being updated. I'm starting with the content, and then going on to the design, and the reason it's going in that order is because there was already some content, and it needed to be changed.

-The Photo link now goes somewhere real! Yup, there's pictures, though not organized really.
-The Education/Career link is updated, and my True Hollywood Story is salaciously laid out for you. Okay not really salacious. More like, once you read the whole story of my education, you'll each want to slap me upside the head, to which my defense will be, "GET ROD FIRST!! HE THREW *HIMSELF* OUT OF SCHOOL!"
-The Contact page was marginally updated, and if I follow the instructions in the html books correctly, it will be completely updated with a schnazzy comments web form thingy. Don't get excited Chris, Rod's doing the work, I'm just flipping through the book >:)
-I'm still working on the links page, and I think I'm almost good to go on it...the interweb is so big and scary, I had to put together a few safe harbours to hide out in for a while.

In other news....

...JETTE'S HERE! YIPPEE! One down, dozens to go...tee hee. We went out to Surrey to see her last night, and she's got a pretty sweet little set up going on out there. There are elements of her new place that I like very much. For one, and I know she'll hate me for saying this, but it's not friggin' YELLOW! I very much understand her rationale behind the yellow in her old place, but Yellow and I never got along very well, so as far as I was concerned, those yellow walls were a conspiracy to kill me...I was just waiting for the yellow walls to drive me to insanity while "that man" gets ready to bludgeon me to death with one of Jette's frying pans. Hey, stranger things have been known to happen. At any rate, I'm very pleased to have Jette in the Trailerhood now to play with.

...Rod and I are starting to work through some financial difficulties. At the heart of the problem was Rod's lack of communcation about the seriousness of our financial situation. About 7 years ago, I was sent to collections, and probably again through a series of miscommunications and missed addresses with the Government of the Northwest Territories, and I've been working like mad to repair my credit since then. So when letters started arriving threatening to send Rod to collections, I flipped. I've been working so hard so that next time we need to buy a car, we can do it without our parents being involved, or bigger still, I am planning to use my future land claims money as a down payment on a condo, and I want the mortgage to be on good terms. Well, after a brief fight (made worse by the fact that we'd had a fight the night before, completely unrelated to the money matter), and an all-important admission on Rod's part, we very quickly and easily managed to set up a plan, and Rod's agreed to kind of try things my way for the next few months, and we'll see if that puts us on a better footing for the New Year.

...that's all. Carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home