Saturday, May 22, 2010

O what a tangled web...

Welcome to Ottawa.

The last time you read me, I was thoroughly beaten down by the move from Vancouver. And I wish I could say I've been catching up on my rest, but it's not the case at all.

It seems that men are out to make my life interesting. Currently, I am caught in a situation between three men. An old lover, a new man, and a recent lover have all made it clear that they would like to see me, exclusively in the case of two of them. The third is actually going to be living in Montreal, so he's not a factor.

Ironically, about the only man in my life right now who should be making things difficult for me, isn't. Rod has been the perfect friend through all of this. That's right. I signed the divorce papers on Thursday, and mailed them yesterday, and my marriage is over. You'd think that a divorce would be the thing causing me such emotional strain and headaches, but it's simply not the case. Sure, I'm sad, it is a little bittersweet to let go of Rod and our relationship, but we've made out peace with it.

Instead, what is keeping me up at night is a struggle to deal with the fact that I have to make a choice between someone I've loved before and someone I could see myself loving very easily.

I know, you might be thinking "It's too soon, step back" and you'd be right to think that. But to me, that's just kicking the can down the road...I'd still have to deal with it at some point.

Blurg.

In other news, the cats have officially celebrated their first week in Ottawa, and they've settled in pretty well. I was afraid they wouldn't adjust, but they've already got favourite spots, and they've really taken to the apartment. That makes my life so much easier.

So...how have you been?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home