Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Start the Clock

Today I checked my Student Information Account at SFU, which is a daily occurence, as I watched item after item being dropped from my list of things necessary to complete my application for Grad School. I took care of everything I could early on, and my fate was then in the hands of my 3 referees. One got her letter in almost immediately, because she was leaving the country, but the other two had lots of stuff on the go, and reference letters were not priorities. Last week, in the midst of trying to get things back to normal, one more letter arrived at the MPP office. With the deadline looming (Feb 13th), I was starting to worry about the last one not making it in time because I learned that the prof had been quite ill, but this morning, I checked my to do list, and it was done! So a huge, huge thanks to three profs who came through on time, and who provided excellent references (they wouldn't have said yes if they didn't think I was right for more school).

Now my fate shifts once more, into the hands of complete strangers. This is the scary part. Two years ago, I was only beginning to fathom my potential when it came to Grad School. I'd always assumed I wasn't a good enough candidate because of my false starts early on, and no small part of me believed I wasn't smart enough anyways. Now, I know I'm better than good enough. The question though, is this: will the Strangers think so too?

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home