Thursday, December 27, 2007

A moment of seriousness

This morning, I turned on the television and was watching the inane little happenings of local news, weather, and traffic, when I opened the int-R-web and the first thing to greet me was the headline 'Bhutto Assassinated' which had me scrambling to BBC World News where is was the only story in the news cycle. After about 30 seconds of sitting slackjawed on the couch, I collected myself and went into the bedroom to tell Rod the news that Pakistan is being plunged into chaos. I am still a political scientist by nature, and instantly my mind was racing with possible responses, outcomes, etc.

The Realist in me knows that this was inevitable. With the first attempt in October, there was no other conclusion to draw but that there will be other attempts. The Idealist in me wants to know just how much more madness to expect from the world.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

I was at work when someone came and alerted me to this, and I went online to BBC's website.

I wasn't surprised by this turn of events (saddened, yes), and that is sad in itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home