Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Do it already!

It's been a couple of years of thinking on it now, and I think it's time to act. This year, I'm signing up to do the annual The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. It's a two-day, 60k walk in September, and I have to raise a minimum of $2000 to be allowed to walk. Now, I haven't registered yet, as I'm waiting for information to be sent to me, but just so you all know, once I get the info, I'm serious, I'm registering, and I'm asking for your support. My beloved Gramma started my life suffering from Breast Cancer, and hers ended shortly after losing her second breast almost 23 years later. My good friend, Heidi, faced a 95% chance of developing breast cancer in her lifetime, and she got proactive last year to do something about it. I myself am too chicken to get tested for the gene that indicates a likelihood that I'll have breast cancer at some point in my life, but I'll be damned if I don't do something to raise money for research for a cure or for better treatments.

This walk happens the weekend before the wedding, and if I'm willing to put my feet through 60k of walking, you'd better believe that the walk down the aisle will be a piece of cake :)

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

I don't know how I missed this! I'll sponsor you, just send me the link to the donation page once you're set up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home