Friday, November 23, 2007

An academic compliment!

Today I had my final exam in my Social Control class, and it was good. The prof sent out the possible short answer questions last week, so it was just a matter of keeping it short and sweet. I'm confident that the results will keep me in the 'A' range for my final grade. When I went to hand the exam in, I had to pick up an article review from a couple of weeks ago because I was ill last week and couldn't get it then. And then it happened!

The prof was flipping through the pile looking for it, and as she found it, she said, "You know, I didn't have the chance to photocopy it, can you send me a hard copy? I really liked it." or something very nearly like that! Talk about an academic compliment! As I said before, I often get a lot of positive feedback about my work these days, which pleases me immensely, but nothing compares to a prominent figure in Canadian Sociology asking you to have a copy of your work. It goes with my mini-victory yesterday, when another prof agreed to be a reference for my applications for Grad school without a moment's hesitation. She was pleased to hear that I was choosing the Publc Policy program, thinking it a good fit, so that's one down! Hot of the heels of that, the feedback I received today has me seriously considering asking this prof to be a reference too. She might be a harder sell because she was always after me to talk more in class, telling me I was a well-spoken person with good insights, but hey, I'm on a roll!

In a fun little post script, Happy Birthday to Olaf! We miss you guys all the way out in TO!

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

I'm behind with my reading in FancyWorld, can I get an extension? ;)

Seriously, take the compliment and run with it and show it off because you deserve it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home