Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Wow! I can Wear Clothes!

Yes!

I'm super excited to tell every that the residents of our apartment are back from our trip to the 11th level of hell (where I was staking out property for my inevitable residence there, being a proud sinner and atheist and all), and for the first time in days, I am skulking around the internet FULLY CLOTHED! Some of you may shudder at that thought, others will not care, still others will be reaching for the kleenex box and shamefully locking the door for a few minutes of *privacy*, but whatever your reaction, you can rest assured that I am still a fan of the hot, hot, HOT weather, just would like time off to enjoy it more. And Air Conditioning in the car...you haven't experienced thoroughly deserved pissiness until you've had to drive home during the hottest hour of the day in a car up to 50 degree hot (coinciding with Rush Hour).

I took advantage of the weather to drag Rod to the Mall on Saturday. We went for the air conditioning, and stayed for the shopping :) I died of giddiness when I learned that a Rip Curl Store has opened in my Mall *shivers with delight* and I took full advantage of it's presense to spend more money of summer clothes. But of course, everyone else started to have the same idea of going to the Air Conditioned mall, and by 3:30, the sheer amount of body heat had virtually cancelled out the AC. Sux0r. The Movie Theatres were able to maintain their cool though, and I was relaxed and comfortable while watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2. We've been to the pool deck frequently this past week, and I'm happy to say that I'm slowly developing a tan, but being moderately sensible about it, and not just burning for the sake of tanning. It's lovely.

What's not lovely is the Pain in my back. Periodically, I wake up with the most horrendous stiff, shooting pains in the space between my spine and my left shoulder blade that really limit my range of motion. And so it was on Saturday. It was a moderate episode until Sunday, when I fell up a tiny set of stairs and jarred the hell out of my back. I ended up having to find a doctor (a whole other disgust-worthy blog unto itself, which I haven't decided to write yet) on Monday, and missing the day of work. The diagnosis: An old Muscle Tear.

A couple of summers ago I was on a dragonboat team as the drummer, and I guess at that point I had torn a muscle between my left shoulder blade and my spine, and I didn't realize it. I knew I had done a little damage to the Rotator cuff because the masseuse I went to told me he felt a difference in the tissue, but I never saw a doctor, and it seemed to go away shortly. Fast forward two years, to yesterday, and the Doctor told me that my back/neck problem of shooting pain localized in that area sounded like I had an old muscle tear that never healed properly, and I thought the guy was a frickin Loony, cause I would've remembered being told I'd done that. He gave me Anti-inflammatories and a referral to a physiotherapist, and I went home, still thinking he's off his nutter. But last night I was just sitting there in bed, dying from heat, and it hit me...Awww, crap, a couple of years ago, I really took my left shoulder for a ride doing Dragonboating...which means the doctor may have been legit, not crazy.

Now, I'm going to go enjoy my moderately climated apartment and my back-from-the-dead kitties. So, signing off, fully clothed,

Me.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was such a blast from the past for me... going to the mall for the airco. Makes me miss Canada!

I wish it was like that here in the Netherlands! The malls supposedly have airco but I think they try to keep it at a bare minimum so they don't enbd up with a big electric bill.

So in the end, it's just SLIGHTLY less stuffy, sticky and hot than outside. Doesn't make for a pleasant shopping experience.

The only relief here is in the cinema.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home