Friday, June 16, 2006

Hi! my name is Fancy

"Are you the new Mabel*"

Okay, I'm temping now, gotta earn some cash, and it's my first time ever, and I've taken an assignment over the next couple of months as an administrative assistant. Many people just keep coming to my office and asking me that question, which leads me to explain who I am. Now the second question I get is. "Fancy?"

Except one lady. She asked me where I got that name, and I told her my dad gave it to me, and we still don't know why (hey dad, when *will* you tell me about it?). She looked me dead in the eye and asked, "Was he drunk?"

I've never before had the urge to laugh beyond wetting myself, and I really fought to stifle it, cause it was the funniest response I've ever had to my name.

*Mabel is a pseudonym, as the temping firm made me sign a contract with a confidentiality clause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home