Friday, May 19, 2006

Introducing....

Folks, from time to time, a little silliness must prevade this domain of Witticism and Wretched Observation, and tonight, I am reviving an old tradition to control the silliness. Once upon a time, I haunted a forum on Orkut called Fly Chicks for Geeky Guys. The name spells it out for you: Hot girls who dig geeky guys. This forum introduced me to some great people around the world, including Gail, and it introduced some interesting ideas into my world. The photo on my website (which is woefully unmaintained and in desperate need of content) comes from a Pictures of the Week thing where members of the forum had to take pictures of themselves taking a shower. There were some pretty hot pictures that week, but I took the prize for originality, being the only participant photographed fully clothed (can't give it all away on the first try, my reputation to the contrary). Well, another topic in the forum came to my attention, and it was a thread that I am proud to say that I excelled at. Without further ado, Introducing....

Open Letters!
Tonight, a concept is reborn in a new forum, and my imagination can run rampant! You see, the idea behind this concept is that the author can write letters to whom or whatever they see fit, and not to toot my own horn, but I wrote some real doozies in my day. The real tragedy is that I've long since forgotten my login name and password, otherwise I'd copy and paste some of them. But you get the idea all the same. I write letters to any and every thing I see fit to deserve them. Some will be serious, but let's face it, most will have you rolling your eyes or seriously questioning my fitness to participate in society at large without behavioural modification medication.
I won't be writing any letters tonight, but watch for them...they come as my muse is revealed, and I must obey.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

I've logged into Orkut to go looking for that thread... it was hilarious! I'm going to take some screenshots for you!

I wish I could remember the last time it was posted in, though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home