Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy Blogiversary

One year ago, I sent a message out into the Internet Wilderness, trying to explain the meaning of the blog. I started with a simple question: What does "Now What" mean?

Last year's answer...

Well, it can be a very complicated question to answer. Now what? I'm never sure of how to answer it, so I do what anyone else bouncing from one uncertainty to the next would do...I avoid answer the question. Indeed, I avoid thinking about it as much as possible. Does this make me sound bad in any way? Well, stick around I guess. We'll see how I get through life.

One year on...

"Now What?" has literally become my signature. At this point last year, I was dealing with a different kind of family instability, everyone was reasonably healthy (physically anyway), I was in school, and so many world events were stoking the fires of my caustic wit. This year, the family instability has shifted into a whole new realm of "what the fuck is going on?", we've been through a few health scares, I'm forced into the working world for the time being, and the caustic wit has turned into spastic whining. I wake up nearly every day asking myself, "Now what?"

I guess I've taken my knocks for the year, and it hasn't been all high drama, but I'm certainly hoping that the next year of this blog reads a little bit happier than the last. May my sense of humour come back in daring fashion, may the insanity of my life quiet to a dull roar, and for the love of all things good and sensible, may Rod finally come to terms with the fact that one way or the other, I'm always right.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEVER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home