Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Around the Kitchen Table

I had a well written post about the Israeli settlements ready to go, but a 12-lb cat decided to play critic and stepped on my off button, meaning the world would never see my original clever observations on the situation. To sum that up:

A man was taped dangling his baby out of an upper floor window a la Michael Jackson as the reporter's underlying voice weakly justified the action as symbolizing that these Jewish Settlers believed that the actions of the Israeli government would harm future generations. No, dangling babies out of windows harms future generations, fuckwit. Self-emolliation harms future generations. MURDER harms future generations.

The whole point was this: How far would you go to struggle for what you believe in, even to the detriment of those around you?

In other news, Dad came out of surgery alright this morning. He was having the lump on his neck removed after testing could not eliminate the possibility of cancer. The last time he went in for surgery, he reacted very, very poorly to the anesthesia, resulting in his immobility for several days. This time he's doing far better. The mass is on it's way for more testing as this goes to print.

Mom's got a stress test tomorrow morning because the doctors want to find out more about symptoms of her screwed up heartbeat, which is bad timing given the incredible stress she's under right now with various family crises, both minor and major. My parents are getting old. Time sneaks up on you. It seems like only yesterday that my mother and gramma watched me graduate from high school...now mum's 62 years old, and it's more than likely that she won't be there to see my future kids graduate. My kids will only be forming a relationship with their grandparents before the frailties of old age claim them. But such is the continuity of life.

This weekend is gearing up to be insanely busy, which doesn't suit my need to have downtime. I am getting used to going to work now, but I still need time to just relax. Heather's going away party, games night at Lori's, Emma's birfday party, Auntie Margeret's birthday, Dale's Birthday, curing the world's ills, controlling the cosmos, etc. No rest for the weary.

And as if you couldn't tell that my attention span is waning, especially after spending so much time on a brilliant post, only to watch it die in cyberspace, I've now run out of patience with this post. Plus, Purrball's treading dangerously close to the keyboard. and I can't do this a third time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home