Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Now we wait...

Well. I just had an interview for a good summer job in my field of interest, with a health-related community organization, and I would *really* like to get this job as a first step into the field. I just don't feel confident that I'll get that job though. I was too nervous during the interview because I've placed so much importance on this job as a potential foray into my career. Also, they want a specific type of reference, and I'm up against a fast-approaching deadline to get it to them, and I'm not even sure I can get that reference in the first place. I don't see why not, but still, it's definitely not a given.

So now, the wait is on to see if I actually pulled this one off. I'm more worried now about how to take the utter disappointment if I don't get the job. This is the first attempt at getting into my career field, and I don't want to be totally discouraged from trying again if I fail, because my options are slightly limited for other organizations here in Edmonton. This is not me getting down on Edmonton (not this time, at least), it's just a reality that there are better opportunities in my field in larger cities, particularly for positions that could lead to overseas experience.

I need a lot of positive energy or whatever right now. And you guys all want me to get this job because a Happy Fancy means another day of not fearing my evil plots to take over the world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home