Sunday, May 01, 2005

It ain't pretty, but...

...it's done.

My mortal enemy, Formal Studies Credits, and it's henchman, Philosophy 120, have both been defeated in an epic battle to complete my degree. It is a confirmed unofficial D+, meaning I came out of the epic battle bruised and bloodied, but my opponents fell in the end to my mighty determination, my intense tenacity, my incredible...oh who the hell am I kidding? It was all about the dumb fucking luck. I would have gotten a D if not for the cushions of removed questions and approved formula sheets.

I was sent to gitter done. I gotter done. The next big adventure in my life is to get a job to get me some savings for the big move on to Grad school.

In other news, other tasks in my life were completed. I finally had a conversation with Rod about some of those crucial "grown up" issues like insurance, retirement, wills, etc. It's not hard to believe for those who know Rod, that more than a year after graduation, he has not put any thought into stuff like this. So if he's not thinking about stuff like this, he's not thinking about his future in general. I laid it out for him that it's time to start thinking about security and stability, and I told him that any sane girl in my position would say the same things to him. Back me up here girls...as we are getting older or more mature or whatever, we are wanting to ensure that our futures are somewhat secure, right?

Again, it ain't pretty, but at least it's out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home