Thursday, May 12, 2005

And the winner is...

Someone else.

I didn't get the job. I can't say I'm surprised. I knew that I wasn't going to get it because I just didn't feel comfortable after I walked out of the interview.

But I guess that I don't have time to be depressed right now because I'm far too angry about the business going on in the House of Commons. Again, the Conservatives and the Bloc Quebecois have shut down government because the Liberals and the NDP are sticking to their May 18th plan to put the budget forward. I'm disgusted with the Conservatives and the Bloc for holding up the business of Parliament because they can't wait 1 week. To say that there's no point to sitting there this afternoon only to debate committee reports is wasted time is OFFENSIVE to me, as those committee reports or meant to lead to future possible legistation, and I take seriously the political process in ALL of it's parts.

Last night, the Conservative Party phone lackeys called our house to ask if we would vote for their party. It's a good thing Rod answered the phone, he handled it far more politely then I would, but he was not vehement enough for my tastes. I would carry through and have them take our names/phone number off their list because it will be a snowball's chance on the Sun before I vote for that party after their reprehensible behaviour this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home