Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Look! A Poll! A Poll!

Okay people...the ODDyssey from High School idiot to University Graduate has been long, trying, and laden with far too much soul-searching and epiphanies for a 26 year old. And it only continues:

I spent much of this morning online looking over many of the job sites to find myself an occupation until we move to Vancouver, and lo and behold...your dearest Fancy stands a better chance of winning the Nobel Peace Prize than she does of getting a job. Now, I know it's totally looking like "Oh look, another Bachelor of Arts grad finally gets it", but ironically, the perceived uselessness of a BA is *not* my problem. My problem is that I am now too overqualified for jobs I'd usually apply for because I have a BA, and I'm too underqualified for jobs I'd like to have because I have a BA.

With questions seriously looming that I could get into Grad school, I'm starting to wonder what my next move should be. To that end, I have decided to post a poll for my dear readers: I'm letting you have a say in my future (though results will not definitively determine what I will end up doing)!

POLL: what should Fancy do after Graduation this year?

1) Shut up and become a baby factory;
2) Continue her education in order to get a kick-ass job
3) Implement World Domination Plan, thus creating Kick-Ass job for herself;
4) Drop dead

Polling will remain open until Friday, April 8, 2005 at 11:59 pm. Votes can be taken at this site or via MSN Messenger. Employees of (namely Fancy) and family members (namely Max and Princess Purrball) of Fancy, Inc. are prohibited from voting. Voter must have minimum IQ of a gerbil to vote. Voters can only vote once. No purchase necessary.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

Wendy Peters votes "Baby Factory! Baby Factory!"

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

#2 could be truly soul-destroying if you don't have a break first (not to mention put you further in the hole) in a way #3 may not be (the Kick-Ass job part, anyway).

I think for a kick-ass public sector job, you're looking at grad school...

What would make you happier???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home