Friday, February 11, 2005

Back from Cancun...physically anyway (part 1)

Aside from Rod being a really nervous nelly and not trusting me with the details of the actual travelling, all went reasonably well. I got sick once from having my first drink in years and then following it with a choppy boatride. I got a strange and uneven sunburn. I shopped a lot. We ate fresh fruit and drink tap water. Rod played so much Beach Volleyball that I'm sure they'll have to retire the net in honour of his leaving. We saw many little stray "resort" kitties to remind us that we were horrible parents for leaving our precious babies. We thoroughly enjoyed travelling executive class all the way there and back. We saw turtles, turtles and more turtles of all sizes, and baby chicks just hatching from their eggs, and jaguars, and butterflies, and pretty flowers, and ugly slimy fish, and iguanas, and naked people, and giant birds, and donkeys (sorry Chris, I wouldn't let Rod bring one home for you), and we climbed a 9-storey pyramid, and the beach was perfect, and the buffets were always fantastic and I can't believe I'm back in this frozen wasteland.

Ready everyone? We're all moving to Mexico! Pack up! You've got 1 hour.

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

Post pictures!

There are a couple of ways to do this for free.

1) Hello by Picasa.

http://hello.com

Download the software, upload the photos to your blogspot. The catch is that the photos are only available for viewing directly from your blogspot, so you can't e-mail around the link to those photos -- you'll just get error messages.

The better option:

2) Flickr. Also free, but you have full ownership of your photos. Only downside to Flickr vs. Hello is that with Hello you can upload multiple photos to one post at one time. With Flickr you can only use the "Blog This" feature with one photo at a time.

http://www.flickr.com/

I use both, but since Hello isn't available for Mac, I use Flickr 99% of the time.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger jette said...

I'm personally a fan of http://www.photobucket.com

I've never used it to post pics into blogspot but it works well with my "other" blog so I'm assuming it works here too.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Akaky said...

pero yo no hablo espanol, dammit, tan no puedo mueve a mexico

 

Post a Comment

<< Home