Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Wanna see why I should never go into Marketing?

I just finished reading in the New York Times that the Spanish Catholic Church has actually come out and endorsed the use of Condoms in slowing the transmission of HIV. Picture Fancy sitting there with a quizzical smile on her face going, "Damn! Now *that's* progress!"

The Spanish Bishops met with the Health Ministry or whatever, and have agreed to endorse the 'ABC' plan, which is aimed at stopping the spread of HIV/AIDS. The plan calls for Abstinence, Being Faithful, Condoms. And I'm thinking that there's no bloody way this would ever have happened under the former Right wing Government of Aznar. So wow! Go Bishops! The question is though, will they stand their ground and continue to vocally support a plan that calls for the use of Condoms, or will they turn tail and run as soon as The Vatican poopoos the idea? I certainly hope it's the former and not the latter.

So I've decided to throw my own cheeky support behind the 'ABC' plan in spite of myself (because I think Abstinence, while a great idea, isn't entirely practical), and in showing this support, I've come up with a few slogans for the Church and the plan:
  • Condoms: In case A and/or B fail
  • Condoms: Because we're humans, not saints
  • Consider Abstinence: Because George and Barbara Bush didn't and look what we're stuck with
  • Be Faithful: Because Murder in the Heat of Passion is defensible
  • La Iglesia Catolica d'EspaƱa: Because a little common sense never hurt anyone
  • Abstinence: 10 out of 10 Bishops recommend it

And that's all my feeble mind could come up with before my attention span went WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Whyme said...

Hi Fancy! Found your witty blog through a link on Gails' page and I must say...what I have read so far, I love it!!

I think you would make a great marketing expert! Tell it like it is girl! :) (I do love the Bush comment---SO true)

Keep up the interesting reading!
Tanya (another Canuck on Orkut)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home