Friday, July 09, 2010

Hot Hot Hot!

Yeah, it's been a wicked week! For the last 5 days, we've been enduring a heat wave, which I've been unable to enjoy with trips to the beach or the lake because of two things...first...I'm a girl, and Mother Nature is a cruel mistress...second, I've come down with a flu or cold...I can't really tell because usually I'd know the difference by the fever grade. And I can't tell the fever grade because I'm already melting in the 35 degree heat (with a humidex of 44).

The poor cats...they are so lethargic, just lolling around, looking for any relief. I've used the ice cube trick on them a few times, but during the hottest time of day, I'm usually at work and I can do little but hurry home and get them fresh water.

In other news, want to talk about hot? Let's talk LA ROJA!! That's right! My spectacular Spaniards have defied the will of the young German team to make it to the World Cup finals!! Viva La Roja!

Etienne's trying to be understanding about my allegiance to Spain. In his mind, if you aren't from a country or of that country's heritage, you shouldn't be cheering for them. Seriously, Canada mounts no challenge when it comes to qualifying for the World Cup, so that leaves me but nowhere by that logic. I like the Spanish team, and have since my trip to Spain in 1995, when we seemed to run into futbol teams everywhere we went...it was lust at first sight ;) I've also spent not an insignificant part of my post-secondary schooling learning Spanish, reading Spanish literature and history...someday Fancy, someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home