Thursday, July 26, 2007

Okay, okay, but make it quick!

Unfortunately, this will have to be a quick one, just an updater, because I'm swamped.

For real. I'm drowning in my school work. With 6 days left to the end of my semester, I'm only half finished my term paper thingy for development, no where near started on my term papers for Medical Anthro or Political Soc, and I've only just started my presentation for development, due the same day as the paper. Plus the last week of study notes for Political Soc.

In other news, Rod and I have booked the location for the wedding and reception. It's a heritage mansion right on Jericho Beach, and it's such a charming little location. Weather permitting, we'll get married in the West Garden, and do pictures on the wonderful beach behind the house, with the majestic mountains in the background, only a kilometer or so from the spot where Rod proposed. Then it's upstairs to the entire second floor of the mansion for the reception. But that's enough of that talk. I swore I wouldn't go all frigging bridezilla, and go on at length about it (unless people ask, then sure, I'm good to answer).

My oldest Nephew is out on the coast staying with my parents for about 3 weeks, though I admit, with so much going on at school, I haven't spent much time with the family these days. But I'll get more than a few visits in after next Thursday...when I've sufficiently recovered from the hangover I promise to have Friday morning.

The shame of course, is that I've come across some very pithy little tidbits in the news and classes that are worthy of comment, from a cat that accurately predicts when someone is going to die, to an oil spill that would make Exxon Valdez proud just mere kilometers from my house; and for all these potential golden nuggets of observation, I have had no time :( I'll admit, I'm not even keeping up on Facebook as much as I normally do....there's just too much to do, not enough time to do it, and no interest whatsoever in caring about it. I'd rather be soaking up the sun by the pool and watching 'Passions' before it gets pulled from broadcast TV and goes to a cable station we don't have here. The sheer stupidity and absurdity of that show is worth it :) I'll miss it.

So, keep in touch, and I'll be back after my liver's funeral on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home