Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's a Girl!


Meet Talulah Toshiba! 4 lbs, 1 oz, 12.1 in long, parents and baby girl are doing well! Tee hee.


Yes, on Sunday I learned 3 things:
1) Future Shop offers an instore credit card (groan)
2) Staples sucks
3) Stock was dwindling in the lower mainland, as it's a fairly popular new model.

That translated into going out in monsoon rains, all the way up to Park Royal in West Vancouver to buy, because these babies are moving fast!

I was hanging back on buying this new machine because Rod had a Staples credit card, and we were waiting for this model to get into the West Vancouver store because it's on reserve land, where I don't pay any taxes, but that stupid Staples store at Park Royal just wasn't going to cooperate by having the product in store. It got to the point where I was willing to buy it at the Staples here in Burnaby and pay all the damn taxes, but they ran out, and guess what? I couldn't even buy it from Staples online! Boooo. Suckage.

The other thing holding me back was a pretty big issue for me: Little Talulah comes with the Microsoft Vista operating system. I love XP. I think it was just ducky for me. Sure, Vista's got some pretty nifty little features, but overall, so not worth the change over in my opinion...yet. Plus, iTunes won't work with Vista yet, so Herman is going to get acquainted with Rod's desktop computer for a while :( But I guess that's the price to pay for being able to take a teeny-tiny widdo laptop to school with me, where I can type my lecture notes AND use the reliable wireless internet to surf the web during class (tee hee)

And the best part of all, is that Talulah is MINE! The adequate but monsterously-huge laptop I used before actually belonged to Rod, cause he bought it "for me." No more! Of course, I'll try to be nice and share with Rod. As long as he plays by my rules. And gives me money. And dessert. And takes me to Las Vegas for September 13th. That's it. And bakes me cupcakes on demand. Yeah. Cupcakes.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your second last paragraph is the reason why I think laptops should be banned from universities. Do you know how many students I see typing away on MSN when they should be staring raptly at me, basking in my knowledge?

I swear, if you're 18 and in class, no laptops or cellphones for you.

P.S. I'm glad to hear things are going well in BC.

P.P.S. Toronto is cooler than Vancouver.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

Gadgets! I love gadgets!

I see congratulations are in order, for your new bundle of joy joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home