Monday, February 12, 2007

Holy Paperness Batman!

Anyone wondering where I've been lately?

Well, I think I have officially spent more time at the SFU Burnaby library studying and working on stuff for classes than I spent in all of the U of A Libraries over my time there combined. If not, I'm very near to it becoming a reality.

Last week almost became an assignment catastrophe. Originally, I had a paper due in my gender relations class on Tuesday, an in-class debate in my social policy class on Tuesday as well, and a multi-page learning portfolio due on Friday in my global health class. It was going to be TRULY gruesome because I was so far behind on my reading in every class. Fate threw me a bone.

The horrific paper on affirmative action, race and feminist crap was still due on Tuesday, but the debate was delayed until Thursday because the group on the other side of the debate suffered a few hiccups in preparing (injuries and such). Major relief! Then, I was able to catch another break, because the Learning Portfolios were pushed back to this week because the teacher was sick, classes absent, etc. Problem is of course, that this week I have a panel discussion to prepare for in the global health class, and a new little reading assignment too. Plus, next week I have a term paper proposal due in my ethnography class, and midterms in both the gender relations AND social policy classes on Tuesday.

After 2:30 on Tuesday though, I have a whole 13 days until my next midterm! I won't know what to do with myself! Presumably, I will have time to stay on top of my reading :s

So that's where I'm at...very, very busy. I do read the blogs of my usual suspects and keep up there, but if I'm radio-silent these days, you know why.

Happy Valentine's Day on Wednesday!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

I know the feeling! It's brutal! I told myself I would NEVER complain about "just" going to work, after taking three courses PLUS working full-time for 36 months in a row. The assignments and papers and reading were killing me, burying me alive.

The reading I have to do for ground school is a piece of cake by comparison. Um, which reminds me, that's what I should be doing now.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

okay people, I can't even sign in to update my blog, because there is a BIG fucking hole in the process when transferring over from the old blogspot to the google blogger...

I can sign in, but then it takes me to a page where it asks me if I have a google account, or if not to create one. I have one! I have had one for nearly 3 years now! Wowwee Batman! You're ahead of the game!

Except.

Where the "yes, I have a google account" option *should* be on the page, there is a lovely, blank, white box. And I am NOT fucking signing up for a new google account, I barely even fucking bother with the one I have now except as storage in gmail.

Google...I thought you guys were better than this shit. And the most unbelievably stupid part is...there's no link to tell you that you've fucked up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home