Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What a fucking ordeal

It's official...Google is a DICTATORSHIP! It is an evil, manipulative, unreachable, selfish, cruel OVERLORD OF DEATH.

So, tonight, I'm thinking to myself, you know, I'm finally starting to feel better (after being on the brink of death with a very, very, very bad cold), I even managed to leave the apartment for the first time in 6 days (I took the elevator down to the ground floor to check the mail), and I'm catching up on some school work...let's pop into the the old soundoff parade (aka. teh Blog) and just let everyone know, "I'm not dead yet....I feeeeel happyyyyyyyy!"

Except holy Darth Vader's wedgie! Blogger has been murdered, and a cyborg called the Google Blogginator 2000 has morphed into a Blogger Look-alike and taken it's place! Okay, I can handle this part...I'm a trusting sheep, following the herd (which is why Rod loves me so much....bahhhhhh), change can be good.

I blindly follow the Google Blogginator's prompts about trying to sign in to switch over the account, and lucky little ducky, I'm just chugging along so smooth, until this...



Does is strike anyone else as odd that the "yes" option is a....big, white, blank, useless box? Is evil overlord Google Blogginator trying to force me to adopt ANOTHER google account (since I already have one. That I use mostly to store things in gmail.)?? WTF mate? Shit, I'm Canadian...scratch that. WTF...eh?

I furiously searched high and low...frantically clicking on links, trying desperately to find some help, some aid and comfort in this miserable storm of interwebitivity...OH WOE TO ME! Will no one help a feisty but restrained Princess Fancy? Help me Obi-wan Kanobi...you're my only hope.

But guess what I learned? Darth Google Does Not Want You Talking To It. Do Not Contact. Want to contact? Click the link that leads you right back to the useless-as-a-tit-on-a-eunich Help Page belonging to the Google Blogginator 2000.

A furious 2 hours later, I found a back door way in, that shall remain secret because I worked so hard to find it, that I deserve the selfishness of keeping it to myself.

DAMN YOU DARTH GOOGLE! AND YOUR LITTLE MINION, GOOGLE BLOGGINATOR!! YOU WILL NOT WIN! FOR I AM...THE NEW HOPE!!

3 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger jette said...

strangely it took me about 2 minutes to switch over. I used the google account that my dad's computer requires me to have (He uses that &$#@#%# google bar and if I want to have favourites saved, I have to log in!)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

Gail has pointed out that my word authentication function seems to be gone or malfunctioning, and she can't post a comment. I am quite seriously considering switching over to Wordpress, this stupid change over to google blogger has just been a headache.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lance Morrison said...

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. After weeks of it 'asking' me to switch, it finally forced me to do it... no option. Fascist!
I often have problems leaving comments now, as well. Most often I have to leave an anonymous one and hope for the best.
Hope this one takes... I've been trying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home