Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Bombs

I woke up this morning to the news that while I slept, the London transit system was targetted by 4 bombs. Yesterday at this time, the city was jubilant, having just won the bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics.

This is such maddening news. I was in London 10 years ago, and one of my favourite things about the city was the Underground, which I thought was amusingly British. I hadn't had the opportunity to ride on a Double Decker, but it was not for lack of interest. It's heartbreaking to get this news, but I'm glad to hear that the city was quick to react in a timely and responsible manner. At this point, there are 33 confirmed dead, with an undetermined number of fatalities in the Double Decker blast, plus nearly 400 people suffering various injuries.

My heart goes out to the families of the dead, and my wishes for a safe and speedy recovery go out to the injured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home