Thursday, July 07, 2005

Do you have any idea what's out there?

I decided to spend some time this morning hitting the "next blog" button, just to see what's going on in Blogspotland. And I think I came across hundreds of "webcorp" sites, which are insanely annoying, and various blogs of little teenieweenies who are just "da bomb" in their little worlds. But every once in a while, I'd stop at a blog that just happened to catch my jaded eye.

And it's the fault of my perphiral vision that I'm blogging about my journey now. Because a click of the mouse led me to a site titled "Manifestation of Faith" and the corner of my eye told my brain is was "Manifestation of Fish"

I didn't know Fish had Manifestations.

More clicks, and I came across a blog for Anglican/Episcopalians, which had just posted a news item titled "Christian priest on trial in China for Printing Bibles" or something like that, and I couldn't stop myself from thinking, "so?" My first reaction stems from my belief that Christian Fundamentalists (and I'm not saying the purveyors of the subject blog are fundamentalists, I'm just following my reasoning through) lately are the first to claim that the non-xtian world is persecuting them, and it seems to me that said fundamentalists have been the first to persecute others. So, yes, I'm a callous person, but in my defense...nah, no defense. Sucks for Mr. Preacher man, hope justice prevails, so on and so forth.

But proselytizing is still bad.

Moving on, I came across a chick's blog, and it's evident that she thinks extremely highly of herself, and she's pretty shallow. Even in a post about how just tries to make everyone around her happy, she reeks of self-grandizing (OH ME! I'm Such a GIVER! Praise Me!). And her comments about obese air travellers lead me to believe that this barstar and I would likely trade bad words or worse if we ever came face to two-face.

No room in my life for divas.

Next, I came across a blog that was cutesy, and came with those cute little animated characters that the Asian population love, and that's all cool, but one of those characters was wearing a plunger on it's head. Huh? Is this character a plumber? Does it belong to a union?

Can cartoon's have plumber's cracks?

Near the end, I came across "the Art of the Rant", at http://billerands.blogspot.com whose blog "dominion day?" caught my attention for its curious blend of facts and sarcasm. It's the kind of post I would write in my attempts to infuriate people I argue with on the Yahoo!Canada news messageboards. Little Miss Pedantic strikes again!

I recommend it.

and finally, a rant. It seems that this morning, there was a news story that the Sir Bob Geldof, yes, Bob bloody Geldof is now a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize, which tells you how desperate the state of affairs has gotten when a bossy little ass like him is what we have to model ourselves after in trying to achieve World Peace. Must be a tough year for Peacebrokers when they spend all their time trying to bring peace to strife-ridden regions and get little or no recognition for their efforts, and Bob bloody Geldof comes in, organizes a few concerts, talks tough to cameras ABOUT world leaders, and joins a chorus of "We Shall Overcome" while marching a dozen kilometres away from the G8 Summit, and he gets a Nobel nod.

Did the Boomtown Rats even produce any record single of note?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home