Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The End is Nigh!

It's been a strange couple of weeks in Ottawaland. First of all, I'll start with the fact that I'm no longer living in the hippie hellhole.

"But Fancy, where are you if not in hippie hellhole?"

That's an excellent question, thank you for asking. I'm living at Etienne's. He took pity on me after seeing all of the old blood stains on my sheets, and took me in, despite his desire to be alone.

"Umm, what old blood stains? What's going on?"

Aww, I'm touched by your concern. The truth is that I discovered what I had suspected all along, from the first night in hippie hellhole: Bedbugs. Yes, the little bastards have been feeding on the premium quality sanguine-goodness of yours truly all summer. I found a couple when I took the sheets off my bed to wash them. It was only a few days later that I fled the apartment for the safety and comfort of Etienne's apartment. And it's a good thing too. One of my roommates decided to throw out the futon I've been sleeping on, and when he took apart the frame, he found about a thousand of the little bastards all holed-up in the cozy wood nooks. It was a truly disgusting thing to hear about, so I can only image the sight of it.

It's only for a short time though, since I'm homeward bound after the 28th! INAC is releasing me for good behaviour, and I will be home soon, petting my cats and swatting my husband away from me ;)

I admit to mixed feelings when I go. I've gotten to be close with people here, and not seeing them on a daily or weekly basis will suck. But who knows what the future holds, and there's a good chance I'll return to the NCR, like any other repeat offender...back in the custody of the Feds.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

Ewwww!!!! Bed bugs! I had them in Singapore...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home