Friday, August 31, 2007

Erm...cheque please!

The other thing the mouse is doing while the cat is away...spending.

/sheepish

It started on Thursday with a very naughty trip to The Bay downtown. Normally The Bay fails to impress me, as it's bland, and suited to middle-aged mothers with too much eyeshadow, but this one is one of the largest in Canada. and it offers so much more in the way of higher end stuff. I was there for a wool winter coat a la Love Story or something...I should have known things would take a turn when I spotted the red patent leather Calvin Klein Stilettos. I was good and left the shoe department, heading upstairs in the maze of a store in search of a jacket, but ummm, see...I had coupons.

/sheepisher

I checked out the Mexx section because I LOVE Mexx clothes, but I can't normally afford them (only at Boxing Day sales when I have xmas moneys), but hey, you know, I have a Bay card, so what's a little bit of a treat? Well, I wandered over to the Nine West section because I had a no taxes coupon for the Jones New York Family of designers, which includes Nine West. Well, that started the avalanche...Esprit, Calvin Klein, Guess, and on and on and on. Since I was wearing a skirt, I grabbed a pair of nice little Guess jeans to see how the tops would work with jeans, and umm...kinda bought them at a price that is more than what I normally pay for jeans. I also bought two Esprit tops, a Nine West top, and a Calvin Klein top. All the tops had some sort of deal (Sale priced, % off, coupon), so I didn't do terrible things to my Bay Card, and I even talked myself out of two more tops. Feeling good, I went down to the main floor to contemplate my next move...should I go to Kiehl's on Robson and look into the face treatments? Go home? Take a bus up to Park Royal and check out the deals at Winners? Ummm...I went to the shoe department.

/Sheepisherer

Some other woman was trying on my shoes!! NO!! I'm younger and better looking!! I don't care if you are all sophisticated with a better income! MINE!!! Fate had it of course that they were down to the last pair of size 8s, but she did not take them. I tried them on, wishing, but thinking $150+tax...err...maybe not; but then this older woman walked by and absolutely demanded that I buy them...I couldn't argue back...they were SEX on feet. *sigh*

The Spending Spree continued on Friday, though partially justified...on to La Senza to buy a stick-on bra thingy for the wedding dress, which should be interesting to say the least...forget straps...these things don't even have backs! I needed to buy it now while I still had some money because I'm going in for an inspection on the dress, and I needed to see what my options were. I wandered around a little, and ended up at Jacob Connexions where I bought three tank tops on sale (end of season :( Where did the summer go?). Oy.

/sheepishest

Today, I waited at the Border for over an hour to go down to Victoria's Secret in Bellingham to buy a bra. Some of my older bras are startin to...peel away from my boobs, so it was time to replace them with the newer, more form-fitting bras. Oh, the things a girl will do for a good bra. I waited again nearly an hour to come back into Canada, and made a beeline for the Jacob Connexion again to buy a jumper I tried yesterday, but didn't buy.

I need a job, and for Rod to come back to shame me into being better. But I'm justifying most of it as Back to School! I can't justify the shoes, but I WANT them.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

Oh boy, sounds like those cards got a workout! Stay away from Holt Renfrew!!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

I *Wish* I could afford a Holt Card...*sigh*...I'm such a consumer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home