Thursday, October 07, 2004

Meet the Family

That's right. All you Canucks know that Thanksgiving is this weekend. But I have the added bonus of having Fridays off from school. So my weekend started at 3:15 today. And it did not start entirely well. I've got a headache, and my precious darlings, my widdo babies, my sweet little kitties are driving me nuts with their incessant bad behaviour. Max is chewing plastic, Purrball is chewing plants and has gone back to scratching the table leg instead of her stratching post.

Meet my two little dears and one big one.

Max is an 8 year old white cat with a penchant for chewing plastic and constantly pestering anyone trying to use the computer. He's got a bitchy little 'tude, and he's such a little daddy's boy. He loves playing tag with other cats, and he actually trained our former neighbour's kitten to play the way he likes to, but she moved. My oldest brother, my sister and I got him for our Mom for Mother's Day in 1996, but since my parents are constantly moving these days, it was decided that it would be best for Max to come live with me, so he was sent down to Rod and I 4 years ago.

Princess Purrball (of Vegreville) is a 3 year old white/grey tabby cat who has an alter ego named DestructoKitty. She's not the sharpest crayon in the box, but she's cute as hell. She purrs incessantly...literally, all you have to do is *look* at her and she starts humming like a motor. She's broken lots of my picture frames and knick knacks, she's recently gotten into eating Rod's plants, and she does not like to play tag with Max, so they tend to fight sometimes. She was one of *many* kittens born to Rod's parents' cat Mitzy out in Vegreville. After the funeral of a member of Rod's extended family in April 2002, I couldn't tear myself away from her, so Rod made the on-the-spot decision that we were going to steal her from his parents.

Rodney is a 28 year old Ukranian-Canadian boy from Vegreville. I met him in Residence and the next year, I harangued him into dating me. It will be our 6th anniversary on the 27th of this month. He has had a bit of a bumpy ride in terms of his education, but now he's all graduated up from University like a grown up, and he's out in the grown up world making money to support my lazy ass. My parents love him to death, wish that he was their own and all that, and we're all immensely proud of him. He's a dork/geek with a taste for corny humour and computer/video games that I hate. And he's completely willing to give his life for the company. He stands at a neck-twisting 6 feet 5 inches, and children everywhere love him because they easily see the big lovable child in him. I love this man.

As for me...well, I can't tell you all about myself in one shot. I'm complex...it takes time to get to know my intricacies and appreciate them as being small pieces of a larger picture. I would never dream of denying you the slow, painful/pleasurable process of getting to know me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home