Sunday, October 03, 2004

Small wonders

A precious few friends are aware that this is my second attempt at blogging. I did it for a while last year, but I got so busy that I didn't have time for it anymore, and the host site deleted my blog after a while. Some truly mediocre observations were lost; gone off into the cyberspace graveyard after too brief a life. Oh well.

This morning, I put Rod to work on adding a touch of content to my fledgling web page. It now has a half-done page in my Education/Career link, and the updates link leads you here...to my wonderful, shiny, new blog. It's not much at all, but you have to sort of poke and prod Rod into doing some things (like my webpage), so it's really a good thing to get this far. Plus, I've been pretty busy myself and haven't had much time lately to design and work on the content. I'm still waiting for information from my parents for my family page; I'm still deciding what should go in the favourites and links; I'm in the process of deciding what the parameters for my life story are going to be; my poetry will take a long time to type out because we're talking in excess of more than a hundred bad poems which make me cringe to even read, never mind type; Photos....well...it's going to take Rod a while to master the concept of "albums"; and I haven't even begun to consider the contact page, nor have I looked for a visitor counter. It's really slow going, but I hope it will all be completed in time for x-mas.

Moving on. What's new in my life?

-I handed in my applications for SIHA on Friday. It would be incredible to be chosen to go to Guyana this summer, but I still worry about the prospect of being away from Rod and the cats for 10 weeks this summer.
-I have to write my NMUN essay, and I really don't know where to start. I want to be chosen for the squad *really* badly, but judging from the meeting on Thursday, I could be up against some stiff competition.
-The fact that my university career will end in a matter of 11 weeks has scared me into looking for a career-starting job, but it seems that without a Master's degree, I can't be anything. I'm considering Grad School, but truthfully, I need to pull off the semester of my life in order to pull the GPA up enough.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home