Friday, April 29, 2011

One year later

On April 29, 2010, a very exhausted, hungry, sleep-deprived Fancy rolled into Ottawa in a U-Haul containing almost all of her belongings (minus the Kitties), and her equally exhausted, hungry and sleep-deprived Daddy. It was the end of a marathon that had begun at 9 am on Monday, April 26th at the corner of Wilson and Grange in Burnaby. In what was likely the maddest dash across the country, Papa Bear and I tore across the mountains in one day, the prairies the next; day three was consumed by Northern Ontario Canadian Shield country, and finally on day four, we had a relatively light 10 hours from Sault Ste. Marie to my new 'home,' Ottawa.

One year later, I'm not even living in the same apartment I moved into when I arrived. I'm not working at the job I raced across the country to take. I'm not even working my way through the available fishies online.

Ottawa is nothing, if not full of surprises. I am not where I thought I would be a year ago.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least Ottawa hasn't been boring for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home