Saturday, September 06, 2008

One Week Left

Well, it's been a busy week around the old Poitras/Chudyk household...I started Grad School on Tuesday with an orientation to remember. 180 people applied to the program this year, and my cohort has about 27 people. If you're keeping count, that's somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15% success. So moving to Vancouver to pursue this program before I knew I could even get in...worth it :)

Miss M. started school this week too, but on a rather sour note. Her dentist appointment last week was less than successful, as we got the news that she had 10 cavities, needed a root canal and a crown on one of her teeth. On Tuesday, the opening day, she had an appointment for the crown and about half the cavities, as well as preliminary x-rays for the root canal...all before she had to run off to school to get herself set up. My poor girl, but she took it in stride. She's super-freaked about the root canal, and to be honest, so am I, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...and then burn it and never look back.

If you are wondering why I'm talking about school stuff under the title "One Week Left" it's because we've all been very busy and had no real time to worry or even notice that the wedding is now almost exactly one week away. At the time of this writing, we are seven days and 40 minutes away from the start of the ceremony. People are telling me I'm remarkably calm about it, considering I'm getting married in a week. The truth is, if it's not done by now, it's an outside shot it's going to get done, so no use panicking about it. My main concern now is to make sure that once Rod's down at the end of the aisle, there's no escape route :p

I'll see you after...as Ms. Fancy C. Poitras.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger jette said...

Should I be wearing my hockey pads over my dress in effort to act as a linebacker just in case? *g*

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

You could go that route, but the current plan is that once you are in place with him and the Marriage Commissioner, you're going to clamp him in irons...chained to the spot. Before hand, I will fill the gas tank of Chris's getaway bike with sugar so the two nerd-luvs can't drive off into the sunset like the couple we always secretly knew they are

 

Post a Comment

<< Home