Saturday, August 09, 2008

5. Weeks. Left.

In case you weren't counting, in 5 weeks and 8 hours, the music will start, and I will walk down the stairs, across the lawn, and down the aisle, where Rod and I will marry.

Many a person has asked me how things are going, are we ready, is everything taken care of, and those sorts of questions that, while well intentioned, cause me to spiral into a shame spin so deep I want to beat my head against the nearest door, wall, desk, etc. I had a bad week last week, where the convergence of school preparations, wedding preparations, work and money all met to put me in a sleeper hold, which ironically, left me sleepless. For two days, I was a "zombie," stumbling and/or sleepwalking my way through the day, after sleeping so fitfully. I was a mess. I couldn't think straight, and I had so much to do that I forgot what I had to do.

Things have calmed down considerably, I'm sleeping much better, and our list of things to do is actually very doable. After we do the DJ and Marriage commissioner meetings, we are actually in really good shape, with just little details to attend to. I figure 2 days of Zombie Bridezilla is exactly what I needed, and now we're back into our regularly scheduled program.

1 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Gail at Large said...

It'll all work out!

Remember, the hard part (Rod actually proposing) is over. After 10 years, the rest will be a breeze :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home